HP3000-L Archives

October 1997, Week 2

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 1997 13:30:48 -0700
Glenn Cole writes:

> There is a report on MacOSRumors that
>
>         "The new version of Internet Explorer seems to have a flawed
>          implementation of the new HTTP/1.1 protocol.

Then people experiencing this problem should tell Bill to fix his broken
browser and make it 100% HTTP/1.1 compliant....or install Netscape
Communicator.

;-)

>          The end result of this is that IE will wait forever for a page
>          to finish loading until the server times out, at which point
>          IE pops up a dialog box saying 'Connection Reset By Server'.
>          To the end user, this looks like a server error, which it is not.
>         "The servers this affects are the most recent versions of
>          Netscape and Apache servers."
>
> I don't know if anyone on this list has experienced this problem, or if
> Mark's port implements the "most recent" Apache server.

The 1.2.3 version of Apache (source & binaries) that I supply from
http://www.cccd.edu/~markb/apacheix.html is essentially the latest & greatest
production version, minus the proxy fixes that came out in 1.2.4 (NOTE: I
never had time to do proxy for MPE, so you don't need to worry about these
fixes).
--
Mark Bixby                      E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Coast Community College Dist.   Web: http://www.cccd.edu/~markb/