HP3000-L Archives

October 1997, Week 2

From:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 1997 22:30:16 -0400
OK - some midweek humour for the list --- I'm sure some of us could use it.
Enjoy :-)  [If you don't need it - please delete this message now]

   An old lady is rocking away the last of her days on her front porch,
reflecting on her long life, when--all of a sudden--a fairy godmother
appears in front of her and informs her that she will be granted three
wishes.

"Well, now," says the old lady, "I guess I would like to be really rich."

*** POOF *** her rocking chair turns to solid gold.

"And, gee, I guess I wouldn't mind being a young, beautiful princess."

*** POOF *** she turns into a beautiful young woman.
"Your third wish?" asked the fairy godmother.
Just then the old woman's cat wanders across the porch in front of them.

"Ooh--can you change him into a handsome prince?" she asks.
*** POOF *** there before her stands a young man more handsome than
anyone could possibly imagine.

She stares at him, smitten.  With a smile that makes her knees weak, he
saunters across the porch and whispers in her ear:

 "Bet you're sorry you had me neutered."