HP3000-L Archives

October 1997, Week 2

From:
Ken Vickers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Vickers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 1997 15:55:20 +0100
Hi,

If I was looking to compare data in two versions of the same database, I
would hook them up using to MS Access using ODBC and do a series of not
matching queries.

It is possible to use SQL queries to populate a new format database from an
old one.

If it is the database structure you want to check out then run a query FO
to a file and try FCOPY compare.

Gerry Reilly wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have an old system with ten different databases in it.
>
>The upgraded system contains many years of database modifications (new
>elements, new data sets etc.)
>
>Does anyone know what would be the best tool/technique to compare an old
>database with a newer one, and to actually load up the new one?
>
>Any suggestions gratefully received!
>Gerry Reilly
>HP South Queensferry

Ken Vickers