HP3000-L Archives

October 1997, Week 2

From:
"F. Alfredo Rego" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
F. Alfredo Rego
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 15:30:58 -0600
Regarding Jumbo datasets and the various ways to notify users of Jumbo
transitions, I have received (and continue to receive) extremely valuable
advice via public and private messages.  Thanks to everyone!

And here I thought that providing TRANSPARENT Jumbo support was a nice
thing.  I was so proud of this "accomplishment", particularly because some
people had complained of my earlier VERBOSITY regarding Adager's messages
and progress reports :-)

Anyhow, a most humbling piece of information was the fact that, a while
ago, I introduced an Adager JCW to *FORBID* jumbo datasets.  I went on to
other things, leaving old Jumbo stuff in the "legacy" pile, and had totally
forgotten about it (but not Rene Woc, Adager's ever-vigilant General
Manager -- he remembers EVERYTHING and he keeps me on my toes).

Here it is:

:setjcw AdagerNoJumbo 1

My trusty Laboratory Log Book documents that I did this for Adager version
970120 (NEWER versions include this feature too).

If you have an older Adager version and would like to have this
functionality (to totally avoid Jumbo datasets), please contact
[log in to unmask] and we will be delighted to expedite the appropriate
version to you.

Alfredo                            http://www.adager.com