HP3000-L Archives

October 1997, Week 2

From:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 11:56:54 -0400
    Farmer Joe decided his injuries from the accident were
    serious enough to take the trucking company responsible
    for the accident to court. In court the trucking company's
    fancy lawyer was questioning farmer Joe.

    "Didn't you say, at the scene of the accident, 'I'm fine,"'
    asked the lawyer. Farmer Joe responded, "Well. I'll tell you
    what happened. I had just loaded my favorite mule Bessie
    into the...

    "I didn't ask for any details," the lawyer interrupted, "just
    answer the question.  Did you not say, at the scene of the
    accident, 'I'm fine!'".

    Farmer Joe said, "Well, I had just got Bessie into the
    trailer and I was driving down the road..."

    The lawyer interrupted again and said, "Judge, I am trying
    to establish the fact that, at the scene of the accident, this
    man told the Highway Patrolman on the scene that he was
    fine.  Now several weeks after the accident he is trying to
    sue my client.  I believe he is a fraud.

    "Please tell him to simply answer the question."

    By this time the Judge was fairly interested in Farmer
    Joe's answer and said to the lawyer, "I'd like to hear what
    he has to say."

    Joe thanked the Judge and proceeded, "Well, as I was
    saying, I had just loaded Bessie into the trailer and was
    driving her down the highway  when this huge semi-truck
    and trailer ran the stop sign and smacked my truck right
    in the side.  I was thrown into one ditch and Bessie was
    thrown  into the other. I was hurting real bad and didn't
    want to move.  However, I could hear ol' Bessie moaning
    and groaning. I knew she was in terrible shape just by her
    groans. Shortly after the accident a Highway Patrolman
    came on the scene.  He could hear Bessie moaning and
    groaning so he went over to her. After he looked at her he
    took out his gun and shot her between the eyes. Then the
    Patrolman came across the road with his gun in his hand
    and looked at me.  He said, "Your mule was in such bad
    shape I had to shoot her.  How are you feeling?"

Jim Phillips                            Manager of Information Systems
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]      Therm-O-Link, Inc.
Phone: (330) 527-2124                   P. O. Box 285
  Fax: (330) 527-2123                   Garrettsville, Ohio  44231