HP3000-L Archives

October 1997, Week 2

From:
Ken Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 08:56:30 -0700
Jeannette Nutsford Wrote,
>We did an upgrade from 4.0 to 5.5 Express 2 last weekend on a 957RX and it
>was work as usual on the Monday for users. However, all letter printing on
>the laser printers has been put on hold due to a 1mm creep up each page
>when printing. After 8 pages the creep has moved a whole line up the paper.

Jeanette, what are you using to create your reports?  It may be that if it is something like Formation
or Fantasia, that they're old printer drivers may not be compatible with 5.5.  If it's just COBOL
or one of HP's compilers, you can certainly complain to HP about it.

Try copying a file to the spooler using Qedit or your favorite editor and see if it's creepy, too.
(Trick or Treat!  Creepy Threads for Hallowe'en!)
\KenR

Ken Robertson
Manager MIS
Robelle Consulting Ltd.
If it ain't broken, ask for another donut.