HP3000-L Archives

September 1997, Week 5

From:
John Korb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Korb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 18:15:00 -0400
At 03:34 PM 1997/09/29 -0600, Neil Armstrong wrote:

<snip>
>I apologize in advance, but this is what you get when you read 400 e-mail
>messages in one day (Monday) after spending the week at Oracle Open World.
<snip>

Ahhh!  Slow mail day, huh?  I know how that feels.  When I upgraded from
Eudora Lite to Eudora Pro 3.0.1 I found that the version you pay for has a
few nasty habits if you have the "leave mail on server" option checked -
like forgetting what mail it has read and downloading the last four days of
HP3000L postings (generally 250 to 475 messages) again, and again, and
again.  It isn't too much of a problem unless you forget to stop Eudora and
go to lunch (oops!), 'cause you may have a couple of thousand duplicate
messages to delete when you return.

Another one of those Mondays....

John
John Korb                            email: [log in to unmask]
Innovative Software Solutions, Inc.

The thoughts, comments, and opinions expressed herein are mine
and do not reflect those of my employer(s), or anyone else.