HP3000-L Archives

September 1997, Week 5

From:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 16:53:52 +0200
One client has had at least six dds-2 drives exchanged on a 959/400 over
the last 18 months. This is done almost mechanically after reporting
excessive faults with a drive, so I suspect it is a factory known
problem. In fairness, I also suspect that some of the media produced
around a year ago was "rushed" and not really up to scratch.

We recently had a chance to use dds-3. Great performance improvement,
but it's too early to say anything about reliability. But I feel sure
that H-P (and Sony et al) will have learned a lesson from the abysmal
dds-2 figures :)

Don't use DLT, so I can't comment.

Regards

Neil