HP3000-L Archives

September 1997, Week 4

Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 16:06:52 +0200
Meddelandetext (21 lines)
Barry wrote:
>      Dear Gurus,
this obviously does not apply to me... but

>      One of our network communication experts posed the following
>      question to me.  I have not a clue about the answer, I barely
>      understand the question.  Any help anyone can give me would be
>      greatly appreciated!
>
>      Can the HP use an external  DNS Server to resolve IP addresses
>      instead of having to add them into the host table on the system ?

Yes, the MPE-equivalent of the UN*X-file /etc/resolv.conf is
RESLVCNF.NET.SYS. I just edited and renamed the file RSLVSAMP.NET.SYS (or
something similar) on our system, and, voila, nameresolution worked. We're
on 5.0 (don't know about any OS/network/patching- or other possible
requirements).

hth
/per