HP3000-L Archives

September 1997, Week 4

From:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 1997 11:30:20 -0700
Ok where did I leave that soapbox??? hehehe

    Hey Recruiters!!!   I dare ya' to read this post!

    I am not that concerned with salary...heck I work for a non-profit... but I
do have bills to pay!!!  and the company says alot about itself by the salary
*RANGE* it is offering...I am not asking to know the exact amount..just a range.

    The first company I worked for was known in the Pacific Northwest as a "turn
& burn" shop...and their salaries showed it!!! but... I knew that when I
accepted the interview 'cause they posted the salary range in a want ad in the
Oregonian newspaper...I wanted the experience...not the salary!  (btw it was
enough that I could pay the bills back then...)

     As a recruiter you need to be ready to provide customer service to me the
potential recruit lead... as without me you cannot complete the sale!!!

     Be prepared to answer the standard questions (and the more you do in the
initial posting the better your leads!)  Also, be ready to research the answers
to the unusual questions...If you want to recruit me (for instance hehehe) you
are going to have to find out about military benefits and what National Guard
Units are nearby...and where that state's Military Academy is (I am an
instructor for the National Guard)...if you can't I won't think that the job is
worth it!

Remember, a recruiter has to sell their services to both the buyer and the
person being recruited...

Ok, now I will put away the soapbox....especially since I doubt any of the
recruiters have read any of this posting :( :(

Art "I want facts and data" Bahrs

>>> Stuart Pierce <[log in to unmask]> 09/23/97 11:01am >>>
Salary is not the number one interest in a job, but let's just say it
runnin' neck and neck. No offense was meant by my message, only for the
inclusion of additional information that we could digest and then ascertain
if it was a waste of our time. Not to assume to much from your reply, but
would the posting discourage a talented individual from the South East ?
-------------> Original Text> From Den Lavery <[log in to unmask]>,
 on 9/22/97 5:41 PM:> International telecommunications company located on
the Gulf Coast> ofFlorida has openings in operations and programming.  We
are> seekingqualified candidates in the following areas:>
Programmer/Analysts:  3-6 years experience with COBOL and>
IMAGE.Accounting> applications experience desired.  Suprtool and
Omnidexhelpful.> 2nd> shift operator (4 pm-12 am): Minimum 2 years
experience withMPEix,> utilities, Turbostore.  PC skills very helpful.
Career migrationinto> programming.Mail, fax or email resume to:   Access
Authority>                      Attn: DP
                     2325> Ulmerton> Road, Suite 27
                     Clearwater, Florida> 33762>
                 Fax: 813-571-4577>                      Email: