HP3000-L Archives

September 1997, Week 4

From:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 1997 07:55:19 -0700
Hi Klaus,
    As a system manager for a non-profit foundation (we have lots of
money...just can't use any of it hehehe)  I do this kind of stuff all the
time... :)

Try writing a script for whatever terminal emulator package that you have (I
have done it in the past with both Reflection and Minisoft) to download the
file(s) ...

Remember, some times we over look the simple solutions because we get used to
using the high end solutions ...

Art Bahrs

>>> Klaus Franke <[log in to unmask]> 09/23/97 06:23am >>>
Hi admins,

one of our customers has the following problem:

he has:
    - mpe xl 4.0 (and no support)
    - ns

he does not have
    - lots of money
    - ftp on the 3000
    - netware/ix

He wants to do a filetransfer from a job on the 3000 to a pc or a novell
fileserver.

I can't see a chance to do so, but perhaps one of you knows a solution to this
problem (HP arpa services and dscopy???).

Kind regards

Klaus Franke