HP3000-L Archives

September 1997, Week 3

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 10:15:21 -0700
Jeff Vance writes:
> I looked on a late 5.5 system here at work and found these messages in set 1
> of catalog.
>
> 415 NMEV#300@214 LDEV # \ REQUIRES CLEANING, PLEASE USE CLEANING &
>  CASSETTE.
> 416 NMEV#300@214 LDEV # \ MEDIA WRITE WARNING.  MEDIA MAY BE %
>                   SUSPECT OR DEVICE IN NEED OF CLEANING.
> 417 NMEV#300@214 LDEV # \ MEDIA READ WARNING.  MEDIA MAY BE %
>                   SUSPECT OR DEVICE IN NEED OF CLEANING.

These messages are not in my 5.5 Express2 catalog, and the "MISSING MSG" errors
have been confusing my operators during backups since November 96 when I
updated to 5.5.

I've just added the text above to a new version of my CATALOG.PUB.SYS and
created a custom stage using STAGEMAN expert mode.

But since these errors are warning about possible data integrity trouble, I
think HP might want to create a patch to add the text to CATALOG.PUB.SYS, and
also include the fix in the earliest possible next release.

--
Mark Bixby                      E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Coast Community College Dist.   Web: http://www.cccd.edu/~markb/