HP3000-L Archives

September 1997, Week 3

From:
Ray KINGSBURY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray KINGSBURY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 12:53:00 +0000
C5946397.txt (32 lines)
> With all due respect, the worst that can be said for this msg is that
> it was off topic, which was clearly noted.
>
> The incredible diversity of the participants of this list, and the
> very large signal-to-noise ratio,  make the list an invaluable
resource.

If anything, I thing the signal-to-noise ratio is the most
annoying thing about this list. There was a time when there
was a great deal of hard-to-find technical information here,
but I'd bet that over half the posts are now off-topic. Maybe
it's a testament to the HP3000 that we all have so much time
to spend reading off-topic e-mail rather than having to support
our HPs.

I've been very close to unsubscribing just because I don't
have time to wade though all this stuff anymore (some of us
have to support more than just an HP3000), but now and then
I see a post that keeps me hanging in there a little while
longer.

Maybe some of you long-winded off-topic types should start
an HP3000 social club list for stuff like that. Just my
suggestion, and my humble opinion.

Please don't take this post as a flame, I guess I'm just
expressing my concern that the list seems to be going in
a non-productive direction.

Ray.