HP3000-L Archives

September 1997, Week 3

From:
Jon Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 09:20:38 -0700
Joe Geiser wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 17, 1997 1:06 PM, Mark Bixby
> > I'd rather have a late, error-free release than a buggy on-time one that
> > requires followup patches.

As the person who tends to get involved in release plan adjustments, I
appreciate that you'd rather have it late & right than on-time & buggy.
That's exactly how I feel, and it is good to hear agreement from our
customers.

Just so you know -- we don't tend to add new things to a release as it
approaches its ship date.  We have a cut-off date for new submittals
quite early in the process, and we only make adjustments for the bug
fixes we find during testing -- we strongly resist the temptation to
add more functionality.

In this particular case, well, I don't want to go into the details.
Let's just say that our software is checking out fine, but we have
a glitch or two in our manufacturing process.  We need to get it
right before we ship.

--
Jon Cohen
Hewlett Packard -- Commercial Systems Division

(The opinions expressed here gotta be mine, 'cause no
one else will own up to 'em.)