HP3000-L Archives

September 1997, Week 3

Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 1997 09:04:33 -0400
     Philip,

     I'd just like to add a couple things to what Stan said about your
     situation.  The last word I received is that MPE/iX 5.5 is year 2000
     compliant with the Express 4 release that is due out by the end of
     this year.  Also, the package you're running, MANMAN, in my opinion is
     still one of the best manufacturing packages available.  I currently
     run over 200 concurrent MANMAN users on my HP3000 computer with each
     user having sub-second response time over 90% of the time.  So, I can
     assure you that you'll be able to run much more than the 30 users ing
     without any problems.  You may just have to invest a little money in
     memory and possibly a larger CPU if your response time is poor from
     your present box.

     Happy Computing,

     John Hornberger
     Sr. Systems Programmer