HP3000-L Archives

September 1997, Week 2

From:
"F. Alfredo Rego" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
F. Alfredo Rego
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 22:11:20 -0600
Haijing Chen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>     I work in China and have been lurking behind this list for quite some
>time.
>     Hope I'm not the only subscriber of this list who is staying in China,
>     cause I never find any guy from China posting any thing on this fantastic
>     list.
>
>     However, I would like to let every friend around here know we just had a
>     great seminar in China. HP users from all over China came to Guilin (
>     Famous for its beautiful river and hills) and attend a two days' seminar.
>     More than 160 people came to the place and it seems impossible for me to
>     say hello to every one.
>
>     The seminar lasted two days. One day meeting and the second day a tour
>     along the Li River by boat. Everybody enjoyed the tour very much.

This sounds very interesting, indeed.

>     Unfortunately , HP3K are not that widely used in China. We don't have
>much
>     friends knowing 3K here. Anyway , I've introduced this list to them. Hope
>     we'll see them on this list later. :-)

Now that HP is becoming more and more interested in the HP3000 (as
witnessed by HP's positive attitude in Chicago during the recent HP World
Conference), it would be a great opportunity to promote the use of the
HP3000 in China -- as well as all over the world, of course.

I commend your enthusiasm and I wish you the very best.  Please let me know
if there is anything I can do to help.  I have visited HP offices in Hong
Kong and in Singapore and I have thoroughly enjoyed meeting the
enthusiastic people who work there (HP folks, consultants, end users).

Due to tremendous economic pressures, companies in the Pacific Rim *MUST*
be extremely efficient and cannot afford to waste time fiddling around with
unreliable and/or immature computer systems that have a very high cost of
ownership (which is well-hidden by an amazing amount of PR).  The HP3000 is
a well-kept competitive secret for many of the wisest firms.  Perhaps it is
time to let the secret out and to share it with their less-fortunate
colleagues who use average run-of-the-mill computer systems.

The market for the HP3000 is monumental!  It's only a matter of education.
Your two-day seminars sound like an ideal thing.

With best wishes,

 _______________
|               |
|            r  |  Alfredo                     [log in to unmask]
|          e    |                                  www.adager.com
|        g      |  F. Alfredo Rego               Tel 208 726-9100
|      a        |  Manager, R & D Labs           Fax 208 726-2822
|    d          |  Adager Corporation
|  A            |  Sun Valley, Idaho 83353-3000            U.S.A.

                                                                .