HP3000-L Archives

September 1997, Week 2

From:
"Judith S. Fisher" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Judith S. Fisher
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 12:17:00 -0700
Diane,

We have helped a number of our clients use Fantasia to print checks.  It
does produce the MICR codes.  We are using HPLaserJet 4 (and higher)
printers.  The III can also handle it, we just choose to go with the latest
printer the companies had.  When any of the companies upgrade their
printer, the Fantasia programs will have to be modified only because the
fonts line up a little differently on each printer (I did all of my testing
on one printer and then printed the checks on a different one - both were
HPLaserJet 4 - and they did not align well enough for the bank to approve
them).

The reason we choose to use Fantasia was two fold.  Since all of the
companies already owned Fantasia it was a very inexpensive way to go.
Secondly, Fantasia will do so much of the work for you.  We use plain check
security stock paper, Fantasia will inclement the check number as it is
printing it, and as I mentioned above it prints the MICR encoding.

If you want any further information, please feel free to contact me.  I do
not represent Fantasia - I just use it at a number of client sites.

Judy

>I am searching for all and any information on printing checks on a
>laserjet printer connected to a HP3000.  Are most people using something
>like Fantasia to do this.  Does Fantasia produce MICR codes?  What kind
>of Laser printers are being used?  Isn't it possible to produce a
>professional looking form on plain paper using the PCL codes?

Judith S. Fisher                          Voice : (310) 820-7191
FDF Computer Consulting Corporation       Fax   : (310) 826-1615
11656 Montana Ave, Suite 102              E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Los Angeles, CA 90049
             FDF is Focusing on Development for the Future