HP3000-L Archives

September 1997, Week 2

From:
Nick Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nick Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 21:29:48 -0400
> From: Ken Sletten B894 C312 x62525 <[log in to unmask]>
>
> >I don't think it came up.  Due to time constraints, it wasn't possible
> >to present all of the pre-submitted questions in the alotted time.
All presubmittecd questons should have been preanwered in a handout.
Tjat would have saved time.

> Which reminds me of something I wanted to suggest for HP
> World - San Diego:  One of the reasons many of the pre-
> submitted questions for that HP Management roundtable did
> NOT get addressed during the session is that plus-or-minus a
> couple minutes (I timed it), it ended up that there was only 60
> minutes available for questions, not the 110 minutes scheduled
> for the RT....  And that happened because:
>
> (1)   The Management RT started 10 minutes late.
>
> (2)   The Management RT ended on time (10 min before the hour).
>
> (3)   The first 40 minutes were taken up with the "Oprah
> Winfrey" style interchange between Dick Watts and Jeff Odom
> and others;  where they showed various "customer satisfaction"
> slides and talked about a range of subjects..  110 - 50 = 60 min.
>
> Now don't get me wrong:  I actually thought that many parts of the
> lead-in discussion were quite interesting.  And I appreciate the fact
> that a senior HP manager like Dick Watts was willing to participate
> in that kind of back-and-forth.  I would have attended a one hour
> session to hear what he and the others had to say.  BUT:  I would
> respectfully submit that it what it should have been:  A separate one-
> hour lead-in session to the Management RT.  We only get a chance
> to ask senior HP managers questions like this in person once
> a year.  The full 110 minutes should be reserved for that activity..
> Well, O.K.:  There can be like a 5 min intro...  But other stuff
> should go in a separate session....  Or make the Management RT
> a three-hour session with a break after the lead-in stuff.
> Ken Sletten

I agree.  While the dog and pony show was interesting, it was
not what was advertised or what we cme for.

Nick Demos  [log in to unmask]
My opinions are ny own and I stand behind them.

Performance Software Group
Tel. (410) 788-6777 Fax (410) 788-4476