HP3000-L Archives

September 1997, Week 2

From:
Haijing Chen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 08:22:56 +0800
IA5 (89 lines)
     Hi friend,

     We are using Win3.11 based Reflection. Although there might be some miner
     difference between Win3.x and Win95, the bass concepts are the same . Hope
     my experiences will be helpful for you. For your three questions :

     1. Use "best network" means you have LAN card installed on your PCs. Then
     your PC will link to HP3000 either through a Hub or simply connected with a
     single LAN cable together with your HP3K. If you use "serial connection",
     then your PC should be connected to the HP3K either through a DTC or a MUX,
     you don't have to have LAN cards on the PCs.

     2.Every connection( not every PC, cause one PC may have more than one
     connection/logon at a same time) will be assigned a LDEV# randomly when you
     logon into the HP3K. This is for using "best network". If you are using
     "serial" , you'll have only one fixed LDEV#.

     3.From my understanding, I would like to say it's correct.

     Hope these will help.

     Regards,

                             \\\////
                             | _ - |
                            (| @-@ |)
     ___________________ooOo___(_)___OOoo_________________________
            Haijing Chen            email : [log in to unmask]
           Call me on office hour  : (86)755-3590950 ext 2161
           (00:30-09:30 GMT)         or (86)755-3591175
     In Africa, every morning a gazelle awakens knowing that
     it must outrun the fastest lion if it wants to stay alive.
     Every morning a lion awakens knowing it must run faster
     then the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death.
     It makes no difference whether you are a lion or a gazelle;
     when the sun comes up you had better be hauling ass.
                           oooO  (  )
                           (  )  (_/
                            \_)