HP3000-L Archives

September 1997, Week 1

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 00:15:00 +0200
At 09:28 04.09.1997 -0400, Doug after Todd:
>If the users are going to view them instead of print them anyway then why
>not use a web browser instead of PCL? We have a utility on our web server
>that converts spoolfiles with cctl to HTML pages. Convert the spoolfile and
>then FTP it to your NT server.

Well, why move them to the NT server after HTML conversion? If I recall
correctly, the 3000 can serve them to the PC's as well, for example using
Apache or QWEBS (omitting NCSA httpd and Open Market for obvious reasons).
Just copy the files into a directory that the web server can "reach".

Lars.

By the way, I never tried using Samba/iX to have a PC access SPOOL files
on the 3000 (neither in /HPSPOOL/OUT nor in other groups or directories) so
far, so I'm not plugging this here :-) It would certainly not help with the
CCTL to PCL (or HTML) conversion, anyway.