HP3000-L Archives

September 1997, Week 1

From:
Mark Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 10:18:08 +0100
I used to work for a small company in the West-Country in England (who
shall remain nameless - heh heh heh) who had a dusty PC sitting in a corner
which was used for EDI. One day, a guy from the EDI software vendor arrived
and did an upgrade. Needless to say, the thing stopped working correctly.
It would be OK for 12 hours, then DOS would crash with "Too many files
open".

Apparently, there was a rogue program in the suite which was leaving a file
open every time it ran. The Vendor's solution was to write a little program
called REBOOT.EXE which was scheduled to run once in every 24 hours <gg>
Problem solved!

Now if I could just get hold of the source......

Mark Wilkinson