HP3000-L Archives

September 1997, Week 1

From:
Curt Brimacomb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Curt Brimacomb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 1997 17:05:28 -0600
Hello,

I have a program that uses the createprocess intrinsic.  It was working
fine in compatibility mode, but after I compiled it to native mode a client
gets a create error # 17.  I can run it on my system and it works fine.  As
far as I can tell, a 17 create error means the itemnum=7 has the wrong
priority class.  I do not use the itemnum=7 in my list.  I do use 2,3,8,9,
and 10.

The process it is trying to start is a compatibility mode program.  Both
are COBOL programs.

Has anyone run into this before?  I don't know if this is relevent to the
rest of the list, so you can reply directly to me if you want.

TIA

Curt Brimacomb
System Manager                                          www.magiclink.com
Idaho Computer Services, Inc.                                   Voice:  1-208-734-2245
Twin Falls, Idaho 83301                                         Fax:    1-208-733-9663