HP3000-L Archives

August 1997, Week 5

From:
Mark Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 14:08:05 +0100
>Not at all for 2 reasons. First, according to Ron Seybold's HP 3000
Newswire article, it is only being offered to registered HP Channel
Partners. Second, it will only have an 8-user license. Each socket
connection to a web server would count as a user under the current rules. I
don't believe a web server with no more than 8 simultaneous hits would  be
considered "fully functional."<

Ah I get the picture. Is the sockets restriction the same across the board
for all 3K models? I wonder if the 9000/HP-UX works on the same
principle...

I would be interested to see what the demand for the new box is like when
you consider it will only be available to Channel Partners.

Thanks for the information.

Mark W.