HP3000-L Archives

August 1997, Week 5

From:
"Denys P. Beauchemin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 1997 08:41:12 -0500
There was a conference in Birmingham but not at the NEC (National
Exposition Centre), it was at the other convention centre, a few years
back, in 1993 if memory serves.  The following year the conference was in
Maastrich, The Netherlands, Stuttgart 1995 and then Midnight Lights on the
ferry in 1996.  The latter was the last one for Europe.  Interex did the
European conferences until 1986 Madrid, after which the European
conferences were put on by European users groups.

We have been told time and again that European users do not want to attend
conferences.  Since this is told to us by European users, we are forced to
believe the statement.  CeBIT is, of course, an aberration.

Kind regards,

Denys. . .

Denys Beauchemin
HICOMP America, Inc.
(800) 323-8863  (281) 288-7438         Fax: (281) 355-6879
[log in to unmask]                             www.hicomp.com