HP3000-L Archives

August 1997, Week 4

From:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 1997 07:15:16 -0400
On Saturday, August 23, 1997 12:04 AM, SIMPKINS, Terry
[SMTP:[log in to unmask]] wrote:
> For those of you who remember my aborted motorcycle trip from
> Virginia to
> Anahiem last year, you will be glad to know (at least I hope
> your glad) that
> this year is going much better.

[snip]

Terry --- Good luck my friend.  You should be getting there
before me.  And for those who remember my not so good luck
trying to *get home* from Anahiem, the Beech is getting a
complete three-times-over this morning and afternoon.  Flight
plans call for a departure around 4:00 PM EDT.

I have also been informed that Meigs Field is closed :-(
 (damned inconvienient - it's a mile and a half south of Navy
Pier) - so I'll be coming in on the Commuter Runway at <gulp>
O'Hare with landing scheduled for 9:30 PM CDT (OHare was cheaper
in terms of Landing Fees and Tiedown than Midway --- go figure)
and they will let my sized aircraft land there after 8:00 PM as
long as it's an IFR flight plan..

See ya there tonight.  For those of you in the Hyatt, I'll meet
you in the bar around 11:00! <g>

Safe Trip Terry!

Joe