HP3000-L Archives

August 1997, Week 3

From:
Bob Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask]
>Subject: MAC address for HP3000
>
>My LAN administrator is documenting our LAN and has asked me for the MAC
>address of the HP3000.
>I have been through the NMMGR screens, and can't find it. I have found the
>MAC addresses for all of
>the DTCs, but not for the HP.
>
>Anyone know where to find it?
>
>Terry Simpkins
>[log in to unmask]:04:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 11:22:33 PST8PDT
Merging two messages:

1) Maarten Hoolboom <[log in to unmask]> writes:
<<
This problem is about NCSA and APACHE 1.2.1 webserver's cgi output to
have intermittently missing chunks of bytes somewhere in the middle of
the output, rendering the cgi output pretty much crippled. The servers
are running on a MPEiX5.5 express 2 platform. The problem occurrs with
posix shell scripts as well as with C executables. >>

...confirming that this is a Posix problem.

2) Ken Sletten says:
<<
If you care about HP 3000 Internet connectivity, network
security, network features, Samba/ix, GNU C++, etc. I
strongly urge you to take the time to fill out this survey
on jazz before HP World next week.  There are some
really important things in it.

I will certainly be filling out the survey with emphasis on the above
topic, but seems to me to be a serious problem.  What's being done
about it?

I gather that serious cgi-bin use with Apache or NCSA
server is not reliable.  Should I put one of our next
projects(student info on the Web) on hold?

I've been making our HP3000 a viable machine in the 'Web age',
(all the great Posix ports have helped), and would like to
continue,  but need  to know when(or if) this Posix problem will be
fixed so.
Any word from HP on this?

--=--=--
Bob Walker, Computer Centre  --  [log in to unmask]
Capilano College, North Vancouver, BC, CANADA.
'If it barks - it's a dog'