HP3000-L Archives

August 1997, Week 3

From:
Richard Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 08:40:58 -0400
Hi John,

I just had my Production 969ks200 abort 3 days ago with the same error,
we're running 5.0   The RC checked the dump tape and could come to no
conclusions, all they could tell us was it was rare (doesn't sound to rare
now that i've heard about the problem twice in the same week) the
process that was running when the system aborted was Cognos
PowerHouse Quick version 729c5.

Don't know if this helps any, but your not alone scratching your head.

Rich Fisher
Carilion Health System
Roanoke, Virginia

The opinions expressed  are not necessarily my employers,
 and may or may not be my own.

>>> John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]> 08/21/97 01:10pm

Hello,

I am coordinating the testing of DCE/3000 on a MPE/iX 5.5 system. One of
the
test programs is designed to create some sockets, communicate with
another
process that listens on a socket and then create multiple threads and
listens
on the sockets it has created. (Please bear with me if the explanation is
not
totally clear as I am passing on the programmers comments.) The result
of
running this program was a System Abort 1047, subsystem 101 which
my Error
Message manual tells me is "Memory Manager Page Fault while interrupts
are
disabled". I made a dump and  made a PICS call which resulted in them
sending
me a tape with some additional patches. I loaded the patches but I still get
the same result. Someone suggested that it might be a resource issue
but can
anyone shed any light on this while I am waiting for HP to analyse the
dump
tape?.

Cheers,
John Dunlop