HP3000-L Archives

August 1997, Week 2

From:
"Kevin L. Newman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 09:56:18 -0500
>When you see HMO package or the Mail Order package deliver (not announce)
>a conversion to a Client-Server NT,UNIX solution, then you will see the
>final days of the HP3000.  From that day, the HP3K will probably survive
>a few more years.

Ohhhh, I don't know about that.  I've been working with HP3000's for 12 years
now, and not once have I worked for a HMO or Mail Order place.  I don't think
that the loss of these will kill the HP3000.  It might hurt it some, but there
is life out there beyond HMO and Mail Order.

I know of many different manufacturing companies, oil refineries, a Car
manufacturer, and several educational institutions that rely on the HP3000.
(Not to mention an Airplane manufacturer, and Government sites; both military
and civilian)

Kevin Newman
Computer Consultant