HP3000-L Archives

August 1997, Week 1

From:
John Stott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 00:01:13 PDT
I am trying to connect HP DTCs ( 16mx's )over a routed IP network; they
were previously attached on ethernet to a 969. If I turn on bridging on
my cisco routers, the images load fine and terminals attach right away.
What I really would like is for the images to load without bridging. I
read in a manual about Avesta protocol, which is supposed to be
routable; I'm just not sure how to load up the images on the DTCs using
routed IP. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

John Stott
Using @ccess News see http://www.vamail.com