HP3000-L Archives

August 1997, Week 1

From:
"Stigers, Gregory - ANDOVER" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stigers, Gregory - ANDOVER
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 1997 19:07:33 -0400
Um, well, yes. TurboSTORE will allow you to COMPRESS, and I believe
that plain old STORE will store to a disc file (I don't think that
TurboSTORE is required for that part). I have done just this with
groups and entire accounts that contain IMAGE dbs, and ftped the
resulting disc file between 3Ks. The HP ARPA FTP seems to lend a
helping hand between 3Ks and maintain the STORE filecode on STOREd
disc files with nothing more than a SEND AKA PUT. Other STORE parms
maintain DIRECTORY and date info as well.

Reply by email if you need more info, unless you or other list members
would like a level of detail that tells you how to actually do this,
and feel it should be posted to the list.