HP3000-L Archives

August 1997, Week 1

Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 1997 15:32:22 -0500
Re: (25 lines)
Michael Gueterman writes:
> From:  [log in to unmask][SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
>      the program bombs when using this f/e:
>      :FILE QUIZLIST=GL1400JS;DEV=SYSLZ
>      but works ok with this f/e:
>      :FILE QUIZLIST=GL1400JS;DEV=LP

> Did someone happen to do some reconfigs after Fridays business day
> that removed the SYSLZ device class from ldev 6 (if I'm understanding
> your problem correctly).  At the CI prompt, type: SHOWDEV SYSLZ
> and see if it shows up.

I concur with trying :showdev, but wonder if IOCONFIG or
SYSGEN/DOIONOW was involved.  In case nobody has encountered
this one before (ioconfig is great for setting up network printing)
beware:

(1) If your last boot was START [recovery], then you run ioconfig,
    your changes can't be saved but they do exist for the duration
    of the current boot.
(2) If you do a START [recovery] after a successful or not ioconfig,
    the changes disappear.

Jeff