HP3000-L Archives

August 1997, Week 1

From:
Mark Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 13:12:19 PST
Bruce Writes:

>Does anyone have information about software Version Control
>programs that will manage/monitor source code on HP3000 and AS400
>and HP9000 at the same time? If not, what's the best for each?

This might be a difficult nut to crack because I'm not sure about the
AS400. If you don't mind working in POSIX land, RCS (Revision Control
System) comes standard on MPEiX 5.0 and 5.5 and exists on HP9000 as
well. For working in MPE land, HP has HPSRC. There are also other
vendors that supply version control software, but I don't know how
universal they are and whether or not they support AS400.

If POSIX doesn't scare you, then there is another system called the
Concurrent Version Control System (CVS) available from GNU, and I just
happen to know that it has recently been ported to the HP3000. :-) It
should be available on the Freeware tape available at HPWorld.

Regards,

Mark