HP3000-L Archives

August 1997, Week 1

From:
Tony Furnivall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Furnivall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 12:17:17 -0500
At 10:08 AM 8/5/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Actually Tony, I stand by my earlier post about mode 2 allowing
>DBUPDATE only, no DBPUT or DBDELETE.  Several other people have
>replied to the list with the same answer.

I guess it's real important to admit mistakes!

Yes - you're right. What I *meant* to say was that the AOPTIONS don't
disallow FWRITE, and are the only AOPTIONS to permit FUPDATE, while mode 2
does disallow write, and is thus sort of like the opposite if you get my
drift, perhaps, maybe anyway!
I grovel, and am planning eating crow for dinner!
Tony