HP3000-L Archives

August 1997, Week 1

From:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 09:46:13 -0700
<plug alert>

Not knowing much about the volume of data you need to back up, I
nonetheless will recommend Orbit's BackupPlus product to you to
accomplish what you need.  We use the product in a very similar manner
for our non-production backups where an operator is not available.
BackupPlus allows a job-specific option of autoreply for all drives in
use for that task, but the devices need not be hard-configured for
autoreply.  The product also supports newer DDS and DLT drives,
appended backup (I believe the most current version of the software
supports this on DLT), flexible file specification syntax and options,
STOREJCW support and extensive proprietary JCWs and local variables for
error-trapping and decision-making within the job.

Their technical support is top-notch, as well.  Very responsive and
with world-wide 24-hour support access.

<\plug>

Lee Gunter
Regence HMO Oregon

mailto:[log in to unmask]
voice...503-375-4498
fax.....503-375-4401
The opinions expressed, here, are mine and mine alone, and do not
necessarily reflect those of my employer.