HP3000-L Archives

July 1997, Week 5

Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 12:25:57 -0400
I need a primer on FTP'ing files to my 3000.  I am trying to download
the CGI.pm module and can never get the file setup correctly.  There
are always single lines being split into 2 lines, which generates syntax
errors in my perl scripts.  Here's what I've tried so far using FTP
(MPE v5.0).

FTP get in bin mode
FTP get in byte mode
FTP get CGI.pm ./CGI.pm;rec=-80,,f,ascii (records truncated during xfr)
FTP get CGI.pm ./CGI.pm;rec=-256,,f,ascii (records truncated during xfr)
run frombyte on both the bin & byte mode files
run tobyte, then frombyte on both the bin & byte mode files

I've search the archives and seem to have run out of ideas.  I'm hoping
this is a fat pitch for someone!  Thanks.

--
Klaus Bieber
3M - Mentor, OH