HP3000-L Archives

July 1997, Week 5

From:
"Denys P. Beauchemin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Denys P. Beauchemin
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 10:51:04 -0500
If "Canuck" is a derogatory term, would someone please inform the City of Vancouver they need to change the name of their Hockey team.  Also please have someone contact AVRO Canada and tell them that they should not have called the CF-100, "Canuck".

"Frogs" refer to the fact that French people like to eat frogs legs.  I never really did like frog legs and have stayed away from them for the last 20+ years.  Besides here in Houston, we consume spiders (also known as crawdads or mudbugs, but an arachnoid by any other name, like crabs and lobsters.)

"Brits" and "Aussies" are not derogatory as they are just short forms for British and Australians.  They only note I got was that I made the mistake of lumping either not enough or too many people under the term Brit.

Bill, I appreciate your concern for my lack of proper use of English.  I am really trying very hard. :->

Kind regards,

Denys. . .
Denys Beauchemin
HICOMP America, Inc.