HP3000-L Archives

July 1997, Week 5

From:
"Gary D. Adams" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary D. Adams
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 11:37:20 -0400
SECOND ANNUAL GOLF OUTING AT HP WORLD

Hosted by Strategic Memory Solutions
Sponsored by HARDWAREHOUSE

WHO:  All Attendees of HP World  97 in Chicago
WHAT:  Second Annual Golf Outing at HP World
WHERE:  The Golf Club of Illinois
WHEN:  1pm Saturday, August 23, 1997
PRIZES: Convertible Mercedes, Vacation to St. Andrews, Sharp Camcorder, Tour
Edge Fiber Sonic Irons, and
more

THE COURSE:

Have you ever dreamed of going to Scotland to play courses like St. Andrews?
Well, we won't be taking
you to Scotland, but we will be playing a course with a links layout that will
make you feel like you're
in golfs homeland.  We've chosen one of Chicagoland's top 10 public courses for
the tournament, the Golf
Club of Illinois.  The course is located just north of 1-90 and is easily
accessible from the hotel and
the airport.

THE FORMAT:

The format as always is going to be a  Captain's Choice.   We've selected this
format to encourage
beginners to play as well as golfing regulars.  We'll also have a shotgun
start, so no waiting to tee
off.  Teams will be selected randomly by computer.  No SANDBAGGIN' on the
registration form as we've seen
most of you play!

THE WEATHER:

A little inclement weather won't stop us from playing.  The Golf Club of
Illinois will provide us with
"cart covers" if it rains to keep you and your group dry and thirsty.  There'll
be plenty of cool,
refreshing beverages on the course to whet your whistle on one of those 'dog
days of August.'

THE PRIZES, PRIZES, PRIZES:

Thanks to the collaboration of Strategic Memory Solutions, our host, and
HARDWAREHOUSE, our benefactor,
this promises to be the biggest and best tournament we've ever organized, with
the biggest and best
prizes.  Well, not only are we going to have prizes for the first, second, and
third place teams, the
longest drive and closest-to-the-pin, but HARDWAREHOUSE is providing a Mercedes
SLK Compressor, two-door,
hardtop-convertible valued at $45,000 to the first person who makes a
hole-in-one on hole #4!  But that's
not the only hole-in-one prize.  On hole #6 there'll be a hole-in-one vacation
to St. Andrews.  There's
more-on hole #13 there's a hole-in-one Sharp Camcorder and on hole #17 there's
a hole in-one set of Tour
Edge Tiger Series Irons.  Do you believe it?!?  Better get to the range and
practice, practice, practice.
Or just be darn lucky.

THE BARBECUE:

When your team turns in its score card, grab yourself a cool refreshing drink,
sit down and share some
great golf stories while dinner's on the barbie.  As dinner draws to a close
we'll reveal the winners of
the many prizes.

THE PHOTOS:

A photographer will be at the course early so we can take team and group
pictures before we head out to
our respective holes.  These photos will be free for each player at the
barbecue.

THE GOOD NEWS AND THE BAD NEWS:

The good news is that this will be the largest outing ever with be biggest and
best prizes.  The bad news
is that THE FIELD IS ONLY OPEN TO THE FIRST 72 PLAYERS THAT REGISTER, so send
in your registration form
today!!!  If you have any questions, call our host, MIKE ONOFFREY, at Strategic
Memory Solutions,
703-525-7557.

See you on the links,

Mike and Gary

REGISTRATION FORM:

The Cost to Play is only $68.  Payment can be made by credit card (Visa, AMEX
or Master Card only) or
check.  Make Checks Payable to "Strategic Memory Solutions." Registration forms
should be faxed
immediately (as the number of players is limited) to 703-525-7551 Attn. Mike
and Gary.  Checks should be
mailed along with hard copy of registration form to Mike and Gary, c/o
Strategic Memory Solutions, 1925
N. Lynn St., Suite 900, Arlington, VA 22209.

Credit Card Number:
Expiration Date:
Cardholder Name:
Golfer s Name:
Company:
Address:
City/State/Zip:
Phone:
Fax:
E-mail:
Usual Score for 18 holes:

Confirmation, receipt, and directions to the course will be mailed out
a week before the outing.