HP3000-L Archives

July 1997, Week 5

From:
"Spivey, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Spivey, John
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 05:36:24 -0400
We are currently using CAT 5 cable exactly as you are describing.  It
works just fine.  It is the same as using 8 conductor flat UTP cable
with RJ 45 connectors.  As for the 120 feet, I wouldn't sweat it.  I
have strung out serial cable as far as 1500' with no problems.  The HP
specification (50' I think) is a support issue.  As long as your cable
isn't going through any high interference areas, it'll work.
John Spivey
LITESPEC Optical Fiber LLC
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
919.541.8490