HP3000-L Archives

July 1997, Week 5

From:
Nick Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nick Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 12:19:43 -0400
I share this with you in hopes that it doesn't happen to you and,
possibly, that someone has an answer.

1.  I bought from Home Productions a program for my PC.

2.. Included with it was a "freebie" called "Kiplinger's
     Simply Money".

3.  It looked useful for my personal accounting, so I installed
     and used it.  I found it very useful BUT

4.  Home Productions stopped supporting it and turned it
      over to a company called CDTITLES.

5.  CDTITLES is impossible to get in touch with.  No human being
      answers its phone.  They say the only way they do support
       is by fax.  My impression is that they do nothing with
       their products except aell them very cheaply to those
       who might be sucked in by the price.

6.  I can continue using the program and at theend of the year
    laboriously convert to Quicken or MS Money (anybody have
    any thoughts as to which one is better?).

Moral to the story.  Be careful when dealing with Home Productions
or Computer Associates, of which Home Productions is a
subsidiary - you could get left high and dry at any time.

A black eye on the software industry and Kiplinger.

Nick Demos  [log in to unmask]
My opinions are ny own and I stand behind them.

Performance Software Group
Tel. (410) 788-6777 Fax (410) 788-4476