HP3000-L Archives

July 1997, Week 4

From:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 16:15:40 -0400
Gentle Listers: [(c) 19??, Denys Beauchemin]

In February, a survey was taken by Michael Gueterman, here on HP3000-L on
Samba/iX, it's proposed use (or actual use), and so forth.

Since HP Advisor will be doing a piece on it, and HP's interest in it has
been high, (OK, and Mike and I have been curious as well), we'd like to
repeat the survey to see where Samba/iX has come since February - 6 months
later...

The questions are the same or with very slight modifications, so we can get
a good sampling of the movement in the Samba/iX area...  Your replies by
July 30 (when responses will be tabulated) would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

--

1.  At what stage are you at currently with Samba/iX?
a)  No plans at this time

2.  Do you foresee Samba/iX becoming part of your environment?
a)  Yes - Development or "Crash-n-Burn" Systems Only
b)  Yes - No Restrictions
b)  No

3.  Would you prefer (and purchase) a "supported" product over Samba/iX
(either from HP or a third party)?
a)  Yes - HP Only
b)  Yes - HP or Third Party
c)  No

4.  How would you rate the ease of installation?
a)  Lots of problems, it's still not fully working
b)  Lots of problems, but it's now fully working
c)  Some problems
d)  No problems

5.  If the answer to #4 is (a), what isn't working that you know should be?
(If you are running MPE/iX 5.0 with any Powerpatch less than PP6, please
indicate this here as well).

6.  Any additional comments you might have would be useful.  Please feel
free to add them here.

--

Thanks for your time...

Best Regards,
Joe

----
Joe Geiser
CSI Business Solutions, LLC
140 Bristol-Oxford Valley Road, Suite 102
Langhorne, PA 19047-3083 USA
Phone: +1 (215) 945-8100  Fax: +1 (215) 943-8408
E-mail: [log in to unmask]   http://www.csillc.com
----