HP3000-L Archives

July 1997, Week 3

From:
Mark Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 16:48:31 +0100
>Once you get SLIP/PPP access to your LAN, you can use your PC
just as if it were directly on the LAN in the first place, including access
to your 3000.<

Unfortunately, this is not a "Budgeted" thing. I just wondered if there was
anything out there in freewareland that I could stick on the 3K and then
dial in to it and establish a SLIP/PPP Connection that's all.

If I'm going to have to get into putting Software on PCs and hooking up
extra modems then it's not worth it. This is a super low priority thing <g>

I don't think there is a machine I could dial into just to get onto the LAN
- or maybe there is. I believe my Boss dials in to do Notes Stuff but I bet
it's with SPX iso TCP/IP.

Anyway, thanks guys for the information. I'll take a wee poke around on our
LAN and see what I can find..

Mark Wilkinson

This document is best viewed through a Drunken Haze.