HP3000-L Archives

July 1997, Week 3

From:
Jennifer McCaughey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 13:05:39 -0500
I'm sorry if this is off topic but I am looking for assistance (from
anyone!!) who can help me.

Our credit union is in process of upgrading our current telephone
equipment and also tie the data lines and voice lines out to our 5
branches.  We currently have point-to-point data circuits and Codex
6015s at each location.  Our plan is to upgrade to a T1 with voice and
data (so our branches are just another extension on our phones instead
of a separate phone number) to our Nortel phone system and HP3000.

Some of the vendors we have received bids from are either pushing all
digital equipment or all analog equipment at each branch.  I realize the
cost difference might sway our top brass one way or another but I am
hoping for some additional knowledge on advantages/disadvantages either
way.

Jennifer McCaughey
Federal Employees Credit Union
Kansas City, Missouri