HP3000-L Archives

July 1997, Week 3

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 18:32:28 +0100
At 14:42 10.07.1997 -0700, Jerry wrote:
>We're looking at trying to modernize the applications/interface
>between our HP3000 918RX MPE 5.5 and the user community here ...
>I'm in a data gathering mode now and any ideas and direction from the
>user community out there as to the best way to approach this would be
>greatly appreciated.

You might probably find the following book very useful:

 The Legacy Continues
 Using the HP 3000 with HP-UX and Windows NT
 Mike Yawn, George Stachnik, Perry Sellars
 Prentice Hall, 1997 (www.prenhall.com)

I have only read 28 of the 35 chapters so far, but I found it to be
very educational as well as very entertaining. It covers quite a lot
of ideas, concepts, pitfalls, etc. in the computing development of
the recent decades (mainframe, batch, OLTP, PC, Unix, Client/Server)
and might be helpful in making informed decisions.

Worth reading (in my personal opinion).

Lars.