HP3000-L Archives

July 1997, Week 2

From:
Robin Foley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robin Foley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 12:22:38 +0100
Hi Rob
>I posted these questions once to SigAllbase-l but never got any response
>so I will repeat them here.
>
>1. When using ODBCLink/SE, will we be able to set a default session
>isolation level such as allowed by the current HP PC API?

I haven't looked to hard at the SE product but LINKWAY for HP3000 allows
you to set the isolation level via the PC configuration screens and via the
ODBC api. The LINKWAY server can also be configured to force the client to
only use a particular isolation level. This along with the read write /
read only and many other configuration options can be controlled at
program,  user or logon group/account basis.

>2. In our application we often use the Set Transaction Isolation
>Level statement to dynamically change the locking level in the middle of

As far as LINKWAY is concerned I haven't a clue about how it would react to
this scenario but I will ask the people in development to have a look and I
will let you know.

Regards

Robin Foley
Computing Solutions Limited