HP3000-L Archives

July 1997, Week 2

From:
Jerry Mogelinski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 14:42:04 -0700
We're looking at trying to modernize the applications/interface
between our HP3000 918RX MPE 5.5 and the user community here ... via
the corporate intranet.  We have Turbo Image, and COBOL apps from the
1980's and 90's. The system currentlt supports hard wired dumb terminals
and PC's via a Novell 4.11 network.
What we're visualizing is an Oracle platform with ODBC, perhaps Visual
Basic and some kind of Middleware.

I'm in a data gathering mode now and any ideas and direction from the
user community out there as to the best way to approach this would be
greatly appreciated.

Jerry Mogelinski
Lockheed Martin