HP3000-L Archives

July 1997, Week 2

From:
Timothy Hoefner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Timothy Hoefner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 10:31:19 -0600
My own biased opinion is stay with Reflection.  We use both on our PC's and have more complaints and problems from our humble users who have MS92 as opposed to Reflection.  These people are not technical at all or are they programmers so it is difficult for them to set things up properly and understand what they are doing to get the emulators to do what they need them too.  Reflection is favored simply because it never has failed us and we have not had to "rig" the software to work properly.  Granted Reflection is more expensive but some of our HP software vendors have said they built their packages around Reflection and not MS92 - that is why I use the term "rig".

We use both serial and network connections to our three HP3000's and our two DEC's and both emulators work with them but again, I prefer Reflection.  I have used both for about 10 years and can tell you as a programmer, I don't like screwing around so I'll stick to Reflection - it's worth the money, I don't like frustration to save a buck!

Check with Wirt Atmar for the status of his emulator.  I realize it is for his wonderful product QueryCalc but as I recall, its free!

My  regards to all the guru's on this list and thanks for you continuous wealth of information.  My hat is off to you Jeff for a job well done.

DON'T ANY OF YOU MINISOFT FOLKS CALL ME, I'LL HANG UP ON YOU.

(All above is my own opinions by personal experience.)

Tim Hoefner