HP3000-L Archives

July 1997, Week 2

From:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 17:39:06 -0700
On Tue, 8 Jul 1997, Doug Larson wrote:

> Dear Listers,
>
> We've just been asked to provide a way for users to view spoolfiles before
> printing them in order to save paper.  Our reports are created by a
> different user (and occasionally account) than the user who streams the job
> so, in our environment, it would be acceptable if users could view any
> spoolfile (but delete none).
>
> The files in @.OUT.HPSPOOL are SECUREd, but the group and account allow any
> access.
>
> Is there any mechanism that would allow this -- perhaps force spoolfiles to
> be created with access=(r:any), or an ALLOW command?  (many apologies if
> this has been covered recently on the list).
>
> TIA -
>
> Doug Larson
> National Electronics

What I used to do was (for night jobs) was hold up all printing until the
night jobs were over.  Then I would SPSAVE them, and COPY them before
printing (the users still wanted the paper).  The holding up and SPSAVE
I'll leave to your imagination (they lead to their own problems).

I copied them to 3 letter groups called MON, TUE, WED, etc., in the
prooduction account that had THEIR OWN security.  (These groups
represented the night before, so HPDAY 1 was set to "SAT", etc.) It was
these groups the users were allowed access to.

The COPYing part are in the attachments with this message.  One was a JOB
that called out an MPEX/3000 syntaxed COMMAND file, (in the COMMAND group
of course.)  The other is the COMMAND file itself.

What the COMMAND file does is use MPEX to give the copy FILE NAME the
SPOOL FILE NAME instead of the Onnnn number.  (It then brings to mind that
one would have to structure their output so that all their SPOOL FILE
NAMES were all unique, otherwise only the most recent one gets copied.
This made it easier for the users to find the report based upon it's name
(instead of Onnnn).

Bear in mind this dealt with only one production account "VISMFG".  It
also had some specfic files not worth copying so I always PURGEd them.  You
should get the drift.  Feel free to change them according to your needs.

Tracy Johnson
"Semper Pollus"
 ADC-2239-5531

!JOB COPYSP,MANAGER.VISMFG;OUTCLASS=LP,4;INPRI=4;PRI=ES !SETVAR HPAUTOCONT TRUE !RUN MPEX.PUB.VESOFT DELETESPOOLFILE @(SPOOL.NUMLINES=2) DELETESPOOLFILE PSLIP(SPOOL.READYDATE<TODAY) DELETESPOOLFILE QKLIST(SPOOL.READYDATE<TODAY) DELETESPOOLFILE QUADLIST(SPOOL.READYDATE<TODAY) DELETESPOOLFILE @0QO(SPOOL.READYDATE<TODAY) XEQ COPYSP.COMMAND IF JSCOUNT("MGR,@.@&ONLINE")>0 THEN TELL MGR,@.@ &dCCOPYSP JOB DONE.&d@ ENDIF TELLOP &dCCOPYSP JOB DONE.&d@ EXIT !EOJ
OPTION LIST IF HPDAY = 1 SETVAR GROUP "SAT" ENDIF IF HPDAY = 2 SETVAR GROUP "SUN" ENDIF IF HPDAY = 3 SETVAR GROUP "MON" ENDIF IF HPDAY = 4 SETVAR GROUP "TUE" ENDIF IF HPDAY = 5 SETVAR GROUP "WED" ENDIF IF HPDAY = 6 SETVAR GROUP "THU" ENDIF IF HPDAY = 7 SETVAR GROUP "FRI" ENDIF YESPURGE @.!GROUP REPEAT YESPURGE ![SPOOL.FILE].!GROUP CONTINUE COPY ![MPEXCURRENTFILE-"#"].OUT.HPSPOOL,![SPOOL.FILE].!GROUP.VISMFG CONTINUE FORFILES @[log in to unmask]@.VISMFG((SPOOL.READYDATE=TODAY & AND SPOOL.READYTIME<5PM) OR (SPOOL.READYDATE=TODAY-1 & AND SPOOL.READYTIME>5PM)):SPOOL CONTINUE COPY MRBRPT.PUB,MRBRPT.!GROUP YESPURGE OE01R06A.!GROUP YESPURGE [log in to unmask] YESPURGE PSLIP.!GROUP YESPURGE [log in to unmask] YESPURGE QUIZLIST.!GROUP YESPURGE QKLIST.!GROUP YESPURGE SO.!GROUP YESPURGE @QO.!GROUP YESPURGE [log in to unmask]