HP3000-L Archives

July 1997, Week 2

From:
Doug Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 16:47:36 -0700
Dear Listers,

We've just been asked to provide a way for users to view spoolfiles before
printing them in order to save paper.  Our reports are created by a
different user (and occasionally account) than the user who streams the job
so, in our environment, it would be acceptable if users could view any
spoolfile (but delete none).

The files in @.OUT.HPSPOOL are SECUREd, but the group and account allow any
access.

Is there any mechanism that would allow this -- perhaps force spoolfiles to
be created with access=(r:any), or an ALLOW command?  (many apologies if
this has been covered recently on the list).

TIA -

Doug Larson
National Electronics