HP3000-L Archives

July 1997, Week 1

From:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 1997 20:24:16 -0700
I received one of those "newsletters" in the mail today.  You know, one
of those paid advertisements from a sole source vendor, TELENOMICS by
name.  There was an announcement on the cover about "TELENOMICS AND
MINISOFT TO HOLD JOINT USERS CONFERENCE" as the headline.  The article
goes on to read:

"Orange County, California will be the site of the Telenomics/Minisoft
Users Converence.  Telenomics and Minisoft are very excited to have
George Stackneck of Hewlett-Packard as a featured speaker at their
conference.  George is one of the recognized 'Gurus' at Hewlett Packard
on the HP/3000."  etc.

There is also a picture with the caption "George Stackneck,
Hewlett-Packard Featured speaker at Telenomics/Minisoft User Group
Meeting.  Topic: HP/3000 Future Directions.

-----

I can just imagine the person writing the article, asking over the phone
how to spell his name, and the answer he gets is "to spell it as it
sounds..."

Tracy Johnson
"Semper Pollus"
 ADC-2239-5531