HP3000-L Archives

July 1997, Week 1

Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 09:48:16 +0200
Meddelandetext (34 lines)
I don't have a command-file ready for this but it shold be fairly
straight-forward; the :showdev command tells you if the tape in a tape-drive
is write-enabled. As in:
<example>
/KEM/PER(12):showdev tape
 LDEV     AVAIL         OWNERSHIP         VOLID         DEN   ASSOCIATION

    7     UNAVAIL  (W)  #J867: 1 FILES    (Nolabel)     1600
    8     AVAIL    (W)                    (Nolabel)     1600
                   ^^^
so I guess a command-file could redirect showdev-output to a file and check
the file for '(W)'.
hth
/per